Values and Ethos
Moving to secondary school is a big step. It marks a milestone in your life and making the right decision is important. It can be a very exciting prospect for you and your parents, as well as being a little overwhelming. We hope that by visiting this website, you will begin to get an idea of what life is like at Abbeyfield School.
We will try to put your mind at rest about those things which might be a concern to you and help you to move on to the next stage of your education with confidence and enthusiasm.
As a school, we have much to offer you:
- First class facilities
- Highly qualified, experienced and friendly staff
- High expectations in all that we do
- An emphasis on making learning enjoyable
Abbeyfield prides itself on being a big school which is small enough to know each child. This is what makes us unique. We want you to be safe, happy and successful here. Abbeyfield School exists for the benefit of its students who are most important in helping to shape its development.
School Priorities 2021-22
- Sequential curriculum planning leading to aspirational achievement.
- Develop and embed student character through a broad and enriched curriculum offer
- Aspirational outcomes achieved through effective CPD and Teaching and Learning Strategies.
- A culture of excellence is nurtured at all levels of leadership
- At Abbeyfield we are driven to make a difference to every individual regardless of background or circumstance.
- We make a difference to their academic outcomes; ensuring they achieve academic excellence and develop a love for learning.
- We make a difference to their well being; supporting them to be healthy, resilient and equipped for their future.
- We make a difference to their character; developing young people who are responsible ambassadors and ready to lead.
- At Abbeyfield we care; as a community, we respect each other’s differences and support one another to realise our dreams and become the best version of ourselves.
A good school with outstanding qualities.OFSTED 2017