At Abbeyfield, we are committed to delivering high quality Careers, Education, Information and Guidance to help support and provide students with a range of options throughout their time with us. Our aim being to ensure decisions are well informed and that students go on to achieve their potential with the full breadth of knowledge as to the pathways and industry information that are available to them.
We aim to meet the requirements outlined in the Eight Gatsby benchmarks identified by the Gatsby foundation.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life —Confucius
At Abbeyfield we would like all subjects to do the following:
- Have prominent displays in corridors linking to careers and skills within various industries.
- Take part in whole school careers days, allowing students the opportunity to see what they have learnt in the classroom can be applied in industry.
- Ensure all learners needs and interests are considered including those moving onto other pathways such as apprenticeships or technical qualifications.
- Develop links with businesses and organisations.
- Integrate careers links into well sequenced lessons thereby ensuring synergy between knowledge, skills and their application in society.
- Explore the possibility of developing real projects/challenges for students with a local business or organisation e.g. a local company setting IT students the task of designing/updating their website.
Useful websites to support planning:
Careers across the curriculum
We have an overview spreadsheet that details the events and activities that students will experience throughout their time with us. This is broken up into department. Please contact your head of department to gain access to this,. It will also be available on the school intranet. We look to expand this every year as new exciting enrichment and careers linked activities become available.
Please click here to view the various curriculum areas and their learning journeys